Thursday, June 23, 2011

THEATRE IN NEW YORK, DAY ONE

Tonite I saw War Horse at Lincoln Center. Hands down the most amazing evening that I have spent at the theatre EVER! The production values, visuals, multimedia, amazing puppetry, acting, story.....everything moved and inspired me. I feel so lucky to be a part of a profession that brings such work to audiences. I can't wait to see it again when it comes to LA next year.

I definitely got many ideas for how I can incorporate some of the visuals into my work. The latest thing seems to be to project onto a piece of hanging screen that serves as both a piece of the set and a screen. It is very effective and quite different from the usual sq slide screen or simple scrim. The secret has to be how to make the projection fit into the slice of screen. Will have to experiment


I love being in NY. I have walked about 3 miles a day and that is just getting to and from places. Went to Zabars and got some take out delicacies for lunch and did the same for dinner ..got a great piece of Grilled salmon from a local gourmet deli. Last nite met a friend for dinner at Ocean Grill on Columbus and 78th. Delicious shrimp and scallops, marinated in lemon, garlic and olive oil, grilled lightly and served with two spicy sauces on the side. We split a lemon brûlée tart. Small portions, big price tag, definitely worth a litle splurge!

More tomorrow .....theatre, food, walking and the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, Quens. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. It's great you're finding inspiration in New York. We can't wait til War Horse comes to LA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Traci-can't wait to see Warhorse!

    ReplyDelete