Thursday, July 21, 2011

CREATING MY FIRST PROJECTIONS FOR WILL PLAY 2011

My summer theatre program, Will Play (that I run as a program of my company TheatreWorkers Project in partnership with Shakespeare Center of Los Angeles) is approaching its final week.  Our production this year is Romeo & Juliet...Reconsidered, a performance college inspired by Shakespeare's famous play and the Broadway classic West Side Story.  As the producer and costume designer (plus the program director--yes, I am exhausted!) I get to do many creative things while my amazing staff directs the piece.  Today at our production meeting I suggested that we use projections to create the digital scenery as the piece moves back and forth between two worlds.  I am in the process of researching images and am excited about working with the tech director to figure out how best to set up the rear projector and create the best throw onto the scrim.  We are also going to use shadows in the rumble scene, using the light from the projector to the light the scrim as the actors move behind it.

If anyone reading this is interested, the link to our site is http://theatreworkersproject.info/.  If you would like to see the show, (performed by young actors ages 7-15) playing Friday, 7/29 & Sat, 7/30 at Shakespeare Center/LA, just contact me and I will be delighted to give you a comp.

2 comments:

  1. You have grown so tech savvy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are busy! I can't believe you are producing, designing and directing this program! I love the creative use of lighting using the projector - it sounds very cool!

    ReplyDelete