Friday, May 20, 2011

ARRIVED IN COPENHAGEN!

I have arrived after a very long and uneventful flight.  First from LAX to Toronto, then on to Copenhagen. The plane was an hour earlier leaving from Toronto than had been indicated on the itinerary and I almost missed it.  Luckily I listend to the boarding announcement carefully and ran to the gate just in time.

The festival team was delightfully helpful at the airport and I got to the hotel in record time by metro and bus.  Everyone is friendly and it is a gas to hear so many different languages being spoken all at one time.  Copenhagen, what little I have seen of it so far, is charming.  Very old, cobbled streets, beautiful gardens and a park right across from my hotel. The weather is unbelievably fair--not cold at all like I was expecting.  But it can change at any time I am told.

My hotel room is small, just enough for one person to feel cozy. It is an attic room with a window that opens for fresh air.  Very clean and simple.  I am going to journey to the festival center to check in later today, then on to the Malmo opera house of the opening gala performance event.

I forgot to bring a voltage converter so I may run out of battery for my laptop before long.  Will buy one tomorrow--for some reason everything is closed today.  It must be a holiday?  will find out.

More anon....

1 comment:

  1. We're so glad you arrived safely and are looking forward to hearing about your time there!

    ReplyDelete