Monday, May 16, 2011

Finishing up and getting ready....

As luck (or fate) would have it, I have a performance going up at Sequoyah the night before I leave for Copenhagen!  A wonderful piece that I adapted from the same project I did last year at LACHSA---about children in Japanese American internment camps and a cut version of A Thousand Cranes about the aftermath of the bombing of Hiroshima.  Crazy busy (making final adjustments to a very simple slide show---I actually did my first power point without assistance) and soooo impressed with the studnets' work.  I am excited about the prospect of taking the mental images of their wonderful work with me to the festival.

On a sadder (frustrating) note, the First Year project at LACHSA performs when I am in Denmark.  I love the work I have created with the students (all of the first year teachers have taken on ancient creation and flood myths and I have also produced a student written "modern myth"------and will not get to see it (I have my final rehearsal with them tomorrow).  Luckily, I have wonderful and talented colleagues who will oversee the work in the final stages.

I wish I could take a group of students to perform for their peers in a far off land.  Perhaps my multimedia techniques will make that happen----even tho it will be from a distance.

1 comment: