Friday, May 27, 2011

WONDERFUL RUSSIAN PLAYWRIGHT, GETTING LOST & CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!

Thursday:  walked more than 10 miles I am sure; got lost numerous times in the winding Danish streets as I followed insane directions (or lack thereof).  Found the world's best chocolate chip cookies right down the street from my hotel at my new fav Mormor's (where I now can buy my steamed lofat milk with a hint of chocolate without feeling like a fool).  During my foot travels found two killer bakeries selling delicious bread and pastries.  Think La Brea Bakery X 10--that's how large they are.  Got a great night's sleep again; so relieved!

BRIEF COMBINED REPORT:  briefly, the day was about the good (healthy breakfast and the discovery of a delicious egg on the breakfast buffet, chic pea & tomato salad for lunch)
and attending an interesting presentation on theatre for young people in Mexico as a form of resistance against the awful conditions that have been created for them due to the war on drugs plus going to see a staged reading of 5 excerpts of Russian plays (1 of them terrific & I am planning to get the play and mount it) for young people performed by excellent Danish actors
and
the "bad" (but delicious) gorgonzola cheese and bread crust, salad,  fizzy lemon drink & cookie
and
the ugly (getting lost in a bad part of town due to poor directions given by multiple people and missing a show that I had a ticket for--luckily it was not one of the multimedia productions that I came to see!). As I walked home from the train station feeling angry and frustrated, the skies opened up and, like in a Thomas Hardy novel, it began to rain.  And I had not brought my umbrella!

Risk Assessment #5 noted:  spend the money to activate your cellular roaming devices and gps so you can find your way around in strange lands!

No comments:

Post a Comment