Sunday, May 22, 2011

OFF TO SWEDEN

After being awakened about 6 different times to the sound of numerous church bell "concerts" at all hours of the night and morning, I went down to the breakfast buffet for (yet again) yogurt, fruit, muesli and a little bread and cheese, tomato and cucumber.  In a few minutes I will be on my way to the train to Malmo, Sweden to see what I hope will be a brilliant production.  From Australia, "2 Dimensional Life of Her" (http://www.assitej2011.info/side.asp?lang=3&side=15&id=254) is the reason I was initially interested in coming to the conference.  From the program description, this performance artist does exactly what my fellowship research focus is all about.  She uses multi media (as well as visual arts techniques) to create a compelling theatrical experience.  Stand by for more after I see the show.

By the way, do not believe the weather channel (or any other) forecast for Denmark. According to today's online info, it is suposed to be sunny and 76 degrees.  At this moment, it is raining.  Good thing I brought a swell raincoat and umbrella!  (as soon as I typed this, the rain stopped and the sun came out.  Good thing my raincoat folds up into a small square and fits in my backpack)

No comments:

Post a Comment